AUTISM ADVICE & SUPPORT SERVICE
A not for profit charity run for children and adults with Autism and their families.
- COVID Webinar for GP's
- COVID Safe School
- Step by step to the COVID test
- The Virus and My Family - COVID19 Resource
- Information and referrals for people with disability and their supporters about coronavirus - Helpline 1800 643 787.
- Testing options for people living in South West Sydney
- Covid 19 for children
- Viruses and staying healthy fact sheet
- NDIS COVID-19 Fraud information pack
- NDIS Access Request Form
- Mechanical Restraint Safe Transportation Guide
- Restrictive Practices Resources Environmental Restraint Guidance
- NDIS Information Sheets
- NDIS Factsheets in 33 Languages
- NDIS Participant Booklets
- EMBARK - Supporting people experiencing homelessness & mental illness to access the NDIS
Carer Gateway Services
- Carer Gateway Packages - We're here for you
- Counselling - Checking in with you
- Emergency Respite - Securing care when you cannot be there
- In Person Peer Support - Connecting you with other carers
- Carer Resources
- Qlife - LGBTI Peer Support and Referral
- Redress Support Service - Sexual Abuse Support
- Support with Will writing - Those on a full aged pension may be eligible for a free Will
- If you have a long term impairment, disability or a medical condition, TAFE NSW may be able to offer you services and support to help you succeed in your studies.
- Ombudsman Office Joint Protocol Fact Sheet
- NSW oral health (dentist services)
- Beacon House.org.uk useful-resources
- Preparing Trips for Children with Autism
- Disability Friendly Backyards for Kids - www.homeadvisor.com
- Disability Standards - Education
- What is underpinning legislation
- Translated Parent Information Sheets
- Understanding Involuntary Treatment
- How to Calm a Child with Autism
- Create a Sensory Safe Yard for Children with Special Needs
- Sensory Processing Treatments
- Moving with Special Needs Kids
- Estate Planning for Parents of Kids with Autism
- Classroom Accommodations for Kids with Sensory Issues
Disclaimer: This test is an online guide only. Please seek further assistance from your medical practitioner.
We have a range of books, magazines and DVD’s on Autism. Please feel free to drop in for a coffee and read a book, or you can take a book with you and enjoy reading at your leisure.
88 Memorial Avenue, Liverpool
The AASS House was opened in 2008 and is the main office of the Autism Advisory & Support Service.
Reception and Sensory Resource Store are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm.
Therapists are available Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
This location has four therapy rooms and a playground that has been specifically designed for children with Autism. There are many other helpful resources at the AASS House, but one of its most important roles is for it to be a place families can come for information and support. With high, secured fences and it’s beautiful play area, it is a great place to come and know that your child is safe.